Monday, November 21, 2005

"The Holidays"

Yes, we have finally made it into "the holiday season". I was thinking today about how Thanksgiving and Christmas have changed so much over the past few years. Of course, their meanings haven't changed, but my feelings about the days have. This year has been especially hard, even now. I have been thinking a lot about my grandparents, wishing I could just talk to them. I wanted to call my grandma when I found out I was pregnant, but obviously couldn't. I am so used to seeing both of them on Thanksgiving and Christmas and know I will miss that part of those days very much. I have also been worrying about being able to spend enough time with everyone in both my family and Rob's family (well, almost everyone). There seems to be a conflict with that every year and this year has been no different. I hate to try to make changes in peoples plans, but know that is necessary if Rob and I want to be with everyone. We haven't resolved anything yet and that weighs heavily on my mind. I so easily focus on what is not perfect and forget about the things that are wonderful in my life. Seeing Ryan's reaction to the snow last week was so cool. I can't wait to see his reaction to all the lights and presents around Christmas. And the other amazing thing in my life...the tiny 11 week old baby inside of me. We will hear its heartbeat for the first time tomorrow...

1 Comments:

Blogger Ang said...

kimberly!!
I hardly ever get to see you lately. and there is no consolation here for me when i miss you.
it has been almost a month.
seriously,...
just because the computer has moved to a new place in your house does not mean that your readers don't check here often. the disappointment is getting more painful.
see you tonight :)

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home