Tuesday, September 20, 2005

My Big Boy



Ryan had his 18 month check-up today. He weighed in at 25lbs, 15oz (50th percentile) with a height of 33.5 inches (75th percentile) and his head measured 49cm (80th percentile). Instead of being short and chubby like he has been, he is now "tall and thin" according to the doctor. She obviously didn't notice his leg rolls. She also commented that I didn't look like I had ever had a baby...she obvioulsy didn't see my leg rolls either.

It really is hard to believe that Ryan is already closer to his second birthday than his first. I can hardly remember what it was like to hold him and have him be content in my arms. He never cuddles anymore. I do remember the feelings of desparation when Rob and I were lacking much needed sleep and feeling like we would never feel good again. Thankfully those days are over, but I do miss them in a way. I mostly miss holding Ryan and falling asleep with him on my chest. Yup, we do need another.

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrea Wagenmaker said...

Kim-
I miss those Ryan baby days, but he is so sweet now too. Every stage with him is fun. Don't you remember him saying "Oh Gosh!" from the other night. He is such a little boy now...I am definitely looking forward to another Peoples baby.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Andrea:
I remember the "Oh, Gosh" and it still makes me laugh to myself. I am looking forward to another Peoples baby also!!

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home