Saturday, September 24, 2005

School

I started my phlebotomy class Thrusday night. It is already interesting and very practical. I love that the teacher admitted that we didn't need to know everything in our textbook because we would only use a fraction of it as Plebotomists. She is also teaching us hospital lingo, which is really fun to me. This is a strange semester for me. It is really the first time I have had to study. The last semester I was in school we had to take what we learned and apply it to our lives and jobs and show that by writing long papers. It is much easier for me to write a 25 page paper applying concepts to my life than to memorize all 206 bones in the body and be able to know them for a test. Don't get me wrong, I am still loving school, but it will take a while to get used to this studying thing. I was a little freaked out on Wednesday when I found out that I had to know the bones and parts of bonds of the pectoral girdle and upper limbs, connective tissue and the bones of the face for a quiz next week all while studying for a test in lecture on cells, osmosis, diffusion, metabolism, DNA and RNA that will be next week also. But after some studying (again, not used to that), I feel so much better about it. So, yes I do have a test next week, but not sure if I'll post my score.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wags said...

Kim, your assignment for your next blog: Please blog about how Desperate Housewives over-rules Sunday Night Football. Okay that's a joke...

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home