Monday, September 26, 2005

Mmmmm...Pork

Today for lunch I walked next door to Burger Crest for some food. I didn't really want a burger, but I only had $4, so I couldn't afford to eat much healthier. As I walked in the door, I noticed an older woman eating a Pork BBQ sandwich. Immediately I decided that is what I wanted. (I love Pork BBQ, especially from US31 BBQ). I went to order and couldn't find the sandwich, but then noticed a hand written sign with specials. There was a Pork Tenderloin sandwich listed and I assumed that is the sandwich I had spotted earlier. I ordered, went back to work and opened my bag. A Pork Tenderloin sandwich is actually a patty of pork, deep fried on a bun with lots of mayo. I was disappointed at first, but then took a bite. I would never let my self knowingly order this sandwich unless I wasn't planning on eating for the next two days, but I couldn't let it go to waste. It really was the best sandwich that I have eaten in a long time, but I am pretty sure that I have met my calorie quota for the next 36 hours. But...it was worth it...

3 Comments:

Blogger Ang said...

kim,
i'm glad you enjoyed your rare treat for lunch. i wish i had known you were working today. I had an eye appointment at Fruitport Family Eye Care right by your office :)
-ang

4:37 PM  
Blogger Wags said...

mmm... I could eat about 4 of those right now.

9:18 PM  
Blogger Daniel Rudd said...

If I wasn't theh husband of a nurse, or a native english speaker, and I didn't know what phlebotomy was...

I would think that "phlebotomy" was: The eating of fat-fried, fat prodcuts, with mayonaise on it.

I can just see people using the word to describe an experience--closing their eyes and slowly breathing through their noses while wistfully saying, "It was the best phlebotomy ever..."

Now, I am definitely not saying phlebotomy is wrong. I just never knew Kim to be such an "open" phlebotomizer.

6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home