Thursday, September 04, 2008

It did not go well

My appointment, that is. No, there will be no throwing away of the crutches. No, there will be no going back to work. In fact there *will* be more testing and possibly more surgery.

I had an xray taken during my appointment and the doc did not like what he saw. I now possibly have a fracture in the surgical area. I will have a CT scan on the 12th to determine exactly what he saw on the xray and then see him again on the 15th. He said that I may have to have a rod and pins inserted to hold that area together. Aparently, if it is fractured, he seems to thing it was from the large size of the cyst and the trauma he inflicted by the drilling, packing, etc.

Needless to say, I am really bummed. I was certain I would be back to work this week. I was even hoping to be walking. He even banned me from physical therapy, so no more pool for now.

Even though I am getting really sick of this couch, I am even more sad for Rob. He has been doing so much and has so much responsibility with the boys and house and meals (which mostly consist of cereal and PB&J, but that is perfectly fine with my boys). Pray for his sanity. I love him for never complaining and still being super supportive of me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

Kim- i am so sorry to hear that. Are you going crazy? I will call next week to see if we can bring a meal for you guys. Wish the news was better for you, still hoping you don't need pins and a rod. . .

6:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Make sure you let us take the boys out or whatever, My kids can play with your kids anytime :)

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home