Wednesday, June 04, 2008

I'm a real person

I am off from orientation and work starting Tuesday. I will have my own patient load, make my own decisions, do my own paperwork, etc. It is scary and exciting all at the same time. My coworkers work together really well, so I know if I come across a problem, I will always have someone to turn to.

I am still scared of vents and telemetry, mostly because I don't know much about them. But I happen to know this awesome ICU nurse that could probably give me some pointers.

The down side to all of this excitement is that I am getting sick again. Sore throat, cough, sore chest. It's June for goodness sake, but I am in a whole new environment with a whole new set of "bugs", so it only makes sense that I will have to suffer for a while.

I have tonight and tomorrow night off, so the boys and I are hanging out together tomorrow. I have high hopes for the park and the back yard, but I am not sure the weather will agree with my plans. I'll just have to hope...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home