Tuesday, January 22, 2008

My First Day

I crawled out of bed around 4:30 this morning, very tired, but excited about my day. I stepped outside around 5:20 into snow up to my knees. I started my car, came inside for boots, gathered my stuff, kissed Rob goodbye and ventured out into the cold.

My car got stuck on Vanderwerp. Yes, stuck. I had to get out, dig around my tires and try to move again. Nothing. I got out again, dug some more. Nothing. People passed me on the road...no one stopped. I can't publish the words that were going through my head. I couldn't believe that I was stuck in the snow on my first day of work.

Not to worry all...I finally succeeded in getting out of the snow. No thanks to all the men that passed me in their huge SUVs. I owe it all to my trusty snow brush. Together we cannot fail.

So, about work. It went very well. The day flew by, I learned a lot and I received a lot of praise from my preceptor. I loved that part. I realize that it was my first day and people are pretty soft on you when you are new, but I really enjoyed myself. The true test will come when I am no longer with my preceptor and am truly on my own. But, as of now, I am feeling much more confident.

I must, however, make a confession. It is a possibility that some of those words I was thinking back in my car also came out of my mouth. But, since no one stopped, no one will ever know.

2 Comments:

Blogger Charity said...

It's okay Kim. Sometimes I think it is better to just let the words out. (I just make sure James isn't around:)) It relieves stress:)

What is your schedule like? It would be nice to get together sometime.

Have you thought any more about Thursday nights? Will you and Rob be able to make it again? I hope so:)

6:42 AM  
Blogger Wags said...

Let the cusses rain!

12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home