Sunday, January 13, 2008

My little "sister"

As much as I have felt like my life has been on hold for the past year, I am aware that my friend's lives have not. So much has changed in the past year, it's almost hard to believe. Relationships have changed, babies were born, babies had surgery, moms had surgery, moms had cancer, moms beat cancer. It seems that this year has been over all difficult, but there was some good to it as well.

One of the bright things of the year for me was seeing my little Danielle meet a guy, fall in love with said guy, and get engaged.

I have known Danielle for more than ten years (wow, that makes me feel old), maybe even fifteen. I have seen her grow from a little girl, to a teenager and now a young woman. I have seen her struggle, succeed, move to the east coast, move to the west coast and do almost everything in between.

She has lived with us twice, I've lived with her once. We will go months without talking for this reason or that, but when life brings us back together again, it seems like we haven't missed a beat.

I've seen her with a few different boys, most of who I thought weren't even close to being good enough for her, but I am thrilled with John. From the little time I have been able to spend with him, I can see that he loves her, she loves him and he treats her well.

On May 2, I will watch my little Danielle marry John. This is truely a happy ending for this part of Danielle's life, and I know it will be a wonderful beginning to the next.

She is my oldest friend (and, amazingly enough, the youngest). The great thing about being friends for so long is that one can dig up pretty embarrassing pictures. Don't worry, that will come (as soon as I can figure out how to use my scanner).

Danielle, I love you and am so happy for you. You will be a beautiful bride.

3 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

Ok, I'll admit it...I cried a little ;)

P.S. And if you want to start an embarassing picture war, bring it on sister!

8:48 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I think the correct terminology is "sista"...

I had fun today!

9:42 PM  
Blogger Sandra Miles said...

Yes, you have known Danielle probably closer to 15 years, but I think the last 10 years, since before you lived with her, is when you got the closest.

I'm glad that you have a "sista" like I do in my friend Ann... of course I've known her for 40 plus years... and when you have a friend that long, they are truly part of your life... and it just gets better over the years.

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home