Saturday, September 15, 2007

TJ Ellis, you'll appreciate this...

I picked up my mom a couple of weeks ago from Fremont and brought her back to Muskegon for a hair appointment. Ryan was with us. While we were sitting there waiting for her, Ryan played with some animals and read books. He got quiet for a few seconds and then asked "Mamma, is zero a number?" I wasn't quite sure how to answer that question. I vaguely remember that lecture in Advanced Algebra, but obviously didn't pay enough attention. Maybe you can explain it to him, TJ.

2 Comments:

Blogger Charity said...

Glad to see you're blogging again. This comment has nothing to do with your post but...I will be looking for TJ's answer.

I can't believe how big the boys are getting, and Ryan in school...that makes me sad:( He is growing up.

8:44 PM  
Blogger TJ said...

You can assure Ryan that zero is a number. The Romans never got the idea that we need a symbol for nothing, but thankfully the Muslim scholars figured it out.
I just love the questions that kids ask.

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home