Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Can you believe it???

I am actually blogging. I have been on vacation from school for a couple of weeks. I have completed several projects around the house that have been nagging me for the past year. I have painted, cleaned, organized, scrubbed and rearranged. It feels good to have accomplished so much, but now I am faced with much sadness.

I found out yesterday that a mom of one of Ryan's friends at daycare has cancer. Everything is still at the beginning stages, but I do know that it is some rare type of lymphoma. She had a bone marrow test done and will get results next week. These results will determine the stage of cancer and treatment options. Tanya is only 32 years old and Caden (Ryans friend that he will be going to preschool with this fall) is 4. Please pray for this family. Tanya is the carrier of health benefits for the family (her husband is self employed) and will have to be off work for quite some time. She will have to be treated in Ann Arbor since the cancer is so rare. Caden doesn't really understand what is going on. I can barely stand the thought of him without a mother.

I keep thinking about her, unable to imagine the fear she must be facing. For herself, for her son, for her husband. I wish I could do something for her, but cant think of anything that come remotely close to helping her...

Ryan and I start school next week. It will be fun adventure for Ryan, but a difficult eleven weeks for me. My schedule is even more intense than last semester. But I am excited. I will graduate from the LPN program in mid-November!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

I still checked your blog every day hoping that there would be a new post. Hooray, there was! I will definitely be praying. What a horrible situation.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Ang said...

I check....almost every day :)
I guess I'm caught, missing a couple.
So glad you posted. and excited that you'll graduate soon!!!
miss you
-ang

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home