Thursday, August 11, 2005


Just for fun, her is my dad and my baby. I love seeing them together and also to see that my dad really is a softie...

Anywho, tonight is confession time. I have noticed a pattern in myself. I like change. Rob and I moved three times in the first three years we were married. Not because we relocated. All three homes were within two miles of eachother. I also get tired of the same old face wash. I find one face wash that I like, go through about two tubes of it and then look for another. Not because the original face wash ceased to work for me, but simply because I want to try something new. The same goes for shampoo, conditioner, cereal, toothpaste and several other products. It is true, having a new beauty product or cereal would actually help me get up in the morning. As I lay in bed, not wanting to get up, I remember that I have a new whatever it is and then I get excited and hop out of bed. I never really thought this to be weird until tonight. I just bought new cleaning products for the bathroom. I couldn't wait to clean the house tonight. I couldn't wait to smell them and to see how they worked. The last hour spent cleaning has been the best hour of my day. It was all working up to the anticipation of using those new bathroom cleaning products! Should I be institutionalized???

3 Comments:

Blogger Daniel Rudd said...

Well Kim,
I was going to say that your thirst for renewal was simply a spiritual reflection of God's ongoing restorative processes in our lives, and that you shouldn't be ashamed of it.

But once you started talking about wanting to clean the bathroom I decided that instituionalization might be the better option...

(or you could come and clean our bathrooms)

10:04 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I actually have cleaned your bathroom before, and yes, you do have some great cleaning products. That was part of the thrill for me!

12:05 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

I am actually a little envious. I hate change. I know for a fact that there is a better face wash out there for me, but i am too scared to change. It would make me ill laying in bed thinking of a change, and i would roll over and try to fall back asleep. Thanks for sharing your perspective. It is exciting just to think that some people like change!

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home