Thursday, July 21, 2005


This has been a rough week in our home. My grandpa passed away on Saturday. Not only have I been mourning the loss of one of the best people I knew, but I also miss my grandma even more (she passed away in February). Thoughts of my own family came into my head and I want, more than ever, for there to be closeness between my family and my brothers family. We were so blessed to have grown up in a family where we saw our grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins weekly. Every Sunday we would go to my grandparent's house and have "coffee" after church. I am sad that my brother lives so far away from us and that we won't be able to do that (at least not now). But I do love the times when we do get together. Here is Destanie telling the boys "how it is". I know these children will love eachother very much and I am so thankful for that. I think that the best thing I can do in memory of my grandpa is to encourage in my family the kind of relationships he had in his family. I love him and will miss him very much.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ang said...

kim,
as generous and purposeful as you are about pursuing people and showing love in your relationships, i don't think you will have a problem creating and passing on a very loving, close, beautiful family relationship to your children. i think that your desire is really beautiful and Christlike.
it makes me smile:)

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home