Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Today marks the start of a new path in my life. Several months ago I decided that I would like to pursue nursing as a career. There had been many changes that had happened in a short period of time that led me to this decision. Today is the first day of my first class. This next year will be spent taking biology classes and a couple of other non nursing classes and I hope to be in the nursing program at either Muskegon Community College or Grand Rapids Community College soon. MCC had a 5 year waiting list as did GRCC, but GRCC had a part time LPN program that only had a 1 year waiting list. My plan is to start there (hopefully next fall) and then transfer to GRCC. This is a very exciting time for me and it is the first time that I have had something specific in mind that I wanted to do. I am still young, but have lived long enough to know that life can happen. Things could change and I may be unable to pursue this, but as of now, this is where I am going.

On another front, I think poor Ryan has heat rash. He had tiny pink dots all over his tummy and back yesterday, and today they are all over his face and legs. That kid can't get a break. I am sure he will survive, but I hate to see him that way. He continues to do new things everyday and Rob and I are both amazed at how much he is learning.

I hate to post my thoughts without posting a picture, so here it is. This is Ryan with his cousin Adam.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ang said...

exciting, Kim!
how often are your classes?
i miss you!!
-ang

8:01 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

That sounds awesome. It is a great feeling when a decision is actually made!
-Lindsey

9:32 PM  
Blogger Ang said...

cheesy-spoosh,
I hope that the fact that you now have a blogger name means that there is a blog soon to follow???
-ang

10:38 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Ang...class is online now, but will be three days starting in the fall. I miss you too!!!

Lindsey, don't worry, I do miss you also!!!

Thanks for the comments!

9:23 AM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

I have had a blog. . . set up for a grad class i was taking, but decided to continue it to talk about real things in life, not just writing.
wondersworrieswriting.blogspirit.com
:)-Lindsey

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home