Thursday, June 16, 2005

Well, Rob has been trying to talk me into blogging for quite some time. I have never been good a journaling (many of my journals are about two weeks long) and I was concerned about the frequency of visitors to my blog. However, after reading Rob's blog and clicking the links to Angela's blog and reading a few of her posts, I decided to try it. After all, this will be a good way for me to talk about my son and how smart he is and keep my friends up to date on life with him. So I'll start...

Last week I was thinking that we were getting past the "really hard times" with Ryan. After all, he is now walking and can understand and respond when we talk to him. But, like always, just when I think this parenting think is getting easier, we have one of those days. Nothing I did yesterday made Ryan happy. He fussed when I picked him up, threw his body around to get down, and then cried when I put him down. There were mashed potatoes from lunch smeared all over the high chair and all over the floor. I wanted to clean the kitchen, spend time with Ryan, make him happy and take a shower all at once (it was almost 1pm). I finally figured a way to get everything done and started to play with Ryan in the living room. Like most days when we have playtime, I ended up just sitting and watiching Ryan do his own thing. I was amazed, as always, that in just 15 short months, he had mastered so many new things. Just then I didn't care how hard many of our days would certainly be, I just felt so blessed to have such a healthy, beautiful baby. Oh, and of course, proud that he has such a high IQ!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ang said...

Hurray for having friends who blog!
I love it!
I can't wait for more.
:)
ang

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home