Saturday, June 18, 2005


This is a picture of my grandpa. We recently found out that he has liver cancer and has only a few months left here on earth. This picture was taken on May 29th, a day spent at my parents house fishing, taking boat rides and being with family. My grandpa wanted this day to make sure he did go fishing and did ride the boat "one more time". It's hard to know how to act around someone who knows he is spending his last months here. Do we talk like we are going to miss him or do we ignore it and pretend like he is going to be OK. I haven't answered that question for myself yet, but I do know that I will miss him. He has always been such a loving person. He has never let any illness or pain get the best of him. He has been in the ICU at Mercy Hospital recovering from heart surgery and only talk about how he wants to get out and go "up north" to go hunting. And I am not sure that he has ever missed a hunting season. I hope that I can have the courage and perseverence that he has had. We will be spending Father's Day with him tomorrow...probably our last. But he is a fighter. Maybe he has other plans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home