Friday, July 29, 2005

Best friend Missy and I went to Chicago for a day trip yesterday. We left our homes bright and early at 6:30am, arrived in Chicago at 10:30am, left Chicago at 5:30pm and returned home at 11:30pm. Travel was by train and between the hours of 10:30 and 5:30 were spent eating (this is the whole point of going to Chicago), shopping and walking on Navy Pier. We ate at Bubba Gump Shrimp, Cheesecake Factory and the Corner Bakery. I love Chicago. All the people walking around, all the tall buildings and, yes, the food. I often wonder when I am walking down the streets of Chicago wether or not the people around me are tourists or Chicago-ites. I always like to walk around the people who actually live there. I know that they must have the most interesting lives. Are they writers, artists, businessmen? Are they in fashion, real estate or the restaurant business? I am not sure, but it is fun trying to guess.

Also on this trip, I finished reading Blue Like Jazz. I loved it. Another part of the book that really jumped out to me was the part about living in a community. That concept has always mady my pulse race. I love it, and I loved reading about Don's experience also.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home