Friday, August 05, 2005



I miss my grandparents tonight. Rob, Ryan and I went to Grand Haven this evening with Grandpa Tom, Grandma Debbie, Cousin Jonathan and Cousin Joshua. We walked through the art fair, walked through the carnival (or the playground, as Jousha put it), ate carnie food (which is very delicious) and then played some carnie games. I won some candy, by the way.

As I watched Grandpa Tom push Ryan in his stroller, it made me long for my own Grandpa and then I wanted to spend time with my Grandma, also. I am so glad that Ryan has two grandpas and two grandmas that love him very much and that he will be able to spend a lot of quality time with them.

I remember riding my bike over to my grandma's house in the summer. She would always offer me a glass of Classic Coke and we would watch Tennis. She loved Andre Aggassi (but not so much after he cut his hair).


I would see my grandpa every Sunday after church. All my cousins, aunts and uncles would go there for "coffee".

I will miss those times terribly.

Thank you Grandma Debbie, Grandpa Tom, Grandpa Jack and Grandma Sandy for being such excellent grandparents. I know that Ryan will grow to treasure the time that he spends with you and Rob and I will do our best to let him know how blessed he is to have you. We all love you very much!





1 Comments:

Blogger Ang said...

great pictures. it sounds like your grandma was really fun. i wish i could have known her.
i love how you remember and mourn the loss of the past, but at the same time, you are treasuring the beauty of the present. Ryan is so lucky to have so many people that love him.

12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home