Thursday, October 04, 2007

Proof that I am a slow learner...

Rob, the boys and I were at Rob's grandmas house a few weeks ago on Friday night. Noah spilled milk all over his clothes, so I changed him and put the wet clothes into the diaper bag. We got home that night, put the kids to bed and watched tv for a while.

In the middle of the next week, I got into my car in the morning noticing that it smelled like a poopy diaper. I scanned the car, but didn't see one. I drove to school and eventually didn't notice the smell. After class, I got into my car again, and there was the smell. I checked under seats and still couldn't find anything. I got home that night and told Rob about the smell, but left it at that.

The next morning, I got into the car and it smelled even worse. I saw the diaper bag on the floor, opened it and almost passed out. It was those milky clothes. Phew, I solved the case. I put the clothes into the hamper and put an air freshener into the car.

Early this week, I noticed that the boy's room smelled like a poopy diaper. I thought maybe Rob had changed Noah's diaper and it fell behind the changing table. I got the boys ready for the day, took them to Amber's house and came home to find the dirty diaper. I looked behind the dresser, under the crib, under Ryan's bed, in the toys, but couldn't find anything. Oh, well. I'll start the laundry. I opened up the closet to get the hamper, and there was that smell, even stronger.

Yup, it was those dang milky clothes, sitting at the bottom of the hamper that I had forgotten about. It takes me a while sometimes...

1 Comments:

Blogger Charity said...

That is sooooo funny. Thanks for the story, and the good laugh.

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home