Monday, August 15, 2005

Morse Baby

I was talking to Missy yesterday about the realization of her offspring. In about a month, Phil and Missy will join the new life club. For those of us who have experienced it, the new life club can mean one of two things. First it can be talking about the beautiful new life that parents bring into the world. It can also mean the new life parents experience once that new life is at home with them. Anyways, I have been thinking a lot about this new baby. What will it look like, how big will it be, and most importantly, is it a boy or a girl. I get a little sad when I think about the changes a baby brings. Not every change is sad, but my relationships with my friends certainly have changed. It seems like I used to see Missy much more than I do now, but between her work schedule and the fact that I am bound to my house by 7:30 at night, we see much less of eachother. I sometimes let this affect the way I see our relationship and even question how "close" we are (I know, this is so junior high of me, but what can I say). Then I fear that we will see even less of eachother once the baby arrives. But these feelings have subsided (for now) after I talked with her on Sunday night. I can't even pinpoint what she said to me, maybe it was the whole conversation, but I got off the phone that night feeling very close to her. She is such a wonderful friend. She makes me laugh and I know I can talk to her about anything. I never want that to end. I already love the little life inside of her and cant wait to meet him or her. Speaking of him or her, I'd like to guess what gender this baby is. I think girl. Anyone who wants to guess can leave a comment on this post.

**disclaimer: I talk about my life changing after Ryan was born, sometimes in a seemingly negative way. Let me say that I love my baby and wouldn't have my life any other way. There have just been some adjustments and I am still getting used to them.

6 Comments:

Blogger Daniel Rudd said...

This is Andrea writing...

My original guess was a boy, but the only gender I can picture with them lately is a girl.

I cannot wait to know - I can hardly stand the anticipation.

I will be so excited no matter what they have though.

9:33 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

I am thinking a girl, too- A girl that will make all the baby boys we have around go crazy in about 12 years!
:)Lindsey

4:27 PM  
Blogger Ang said...

it *would* be fun to buy some baby girl clothes!! :)

11:06 PM  
Blogger rob peoples said...

i have always said it is a she

7:50 PM  
Blogger Wags said...

Kim, you need to be more concerned about the upcoming NFL season than babies... c'mon, get your priorities straight! (:

11:25 AM  
Blogger Daniel Rudd said...

how about more concerned with bloggin. This bookmarks about to get demoted to my once a week group (with homestarrunner)!

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home