Thursday, September 18, 2008

Still Here

My surgery went well yesterday. A rod about 15 inches long was placed in my femur along with 3 pins to hold the rod in place. I woke up in recovery in agony, but have been given some extra good drugs and am having much better pain control than I had after my last surgery.

Today the goal is rest and pain control. My doctor wants to keep me one extra night, so I wont be going home until tomorrow. He started me on coumadin, which makes me feel like I am 72 instead of 27, but apparently there is an increased risk of blood clots with these rod things.

I found out today that this rod, which I thought would be staying in permanently, will be coming out in about a year. But it is worth it if I am walking by October instead of laying on the couch.

By the way, I am so thankful for this extra night in the hospital...I can't get enough of this hosptial food!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Charity said...

So glad to hear that everything went well. And that you are feeling well enough to post.

We will be praying for a speedy recovery.

Charity

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home