Wednesday, September 24, 2008

One Week Post Op

It's been a rough week. While they kept me *well* medicated in the hospital, it wore off about six hours after I returned home on Friday. It was pain like I've never felt before...who knew that the pain from the first surgery could get worse.

I suffered through Saturday, and finally called my doctor (he gave me cell and home numbers) and told him my woes. He stared me on Oxycontin (basicly oral morphine). It is an extended release medication that I take every 12 hours. It has not taken all the pain away, but has helped a lot.

This surgery has been much better to handle emotionally than the last, and I am so thankful for that. I have a follow up appointment on Monday and am hoping to have some good news.

Rob continues to be a great support, but they boys still seem a little "off". I am ready for things to get back to normal, especially since Ryan starts soccer on Saturday. I am ready to pick Noah up and put my boys to bed. I am ready to sleep in my own bed. But I also know that my body has to heal in its own time, so for now I am trying to be content to have so much time to read.

Thanks again for all of your prayers and support through all this.

3 Comments:

Blogger Daniel Rudd said...

praying for you both

4:16 PM  
Blogger Bethany Joyful said...

Hey Kim - I hope you're feeling better soon!

11:10 PM  
Blogger Kate Rudd said...

Kim, haven't talked to you in a while but I've been thinking about you as you begin to tackle work again..hope it's going well and you're feeling stronger!

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home