Tuesday, February 10, 2009

So, aparently I cant do it...

After spending a weekend of sleeping an obscene about of hours and crying almost as much, I (along with the help of my ever so wise husband) decided that something has to go. My kids, husband and school are not an option, I already never see my friends, so that left work. Not to worry, I didn't actually quit. I just changed my status from full time to per diem. This means that I am only required to work 2 shifts per month. Those of you who know me know that I will probably far exceed that amount, but I wont have the stress of being required to work 3 shifts a week. (My goal is to work every other weekend and some daytime hour here and there during the week).

I also did myself a favor and went to the doctor for some psychiatric help. Hopefully those drugs she gave me will get me through the next 5 months. (No, she did not prescribe marijuana).

So while I will probably continue to ignore all of my relationships for a while (sorry about that), I no longer feel so much like driving my car off a bridge.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate Rudd said...

It sounds to me like you made a series of very strong decisions. I'm sure I'm just one of many friends who admire you, and hope spring will be kinder to you than winter has been(and hoping it hurries up and gets here, already!).

12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home